With this poll, the Foundation intends to gather informal input to help determine our research focus for 2015 and beyond.
To participate, please indicate (by number or specific name) which of the following you consider the TOP THREE (3) health concerns of the Cocker Spaniel.
Return your 3 selections with any comments you may have to ASC_Foundation_Top3@yahoo.com
by Feb. 28, 2015. Or better yet, stop by the Foundation table at the annual ASC Flushing Spaniel Show in Knoxville Jan 9-11 and say hello and fill out a poll ballot.
- Skeletal diseases (for example, hip dysplasia)
- Eye diseases (for example, cataracts or cherry eye)
- Endocrine diseases (for example. thyroid, diabetes, Addison’s, Cushing’s)
- Ear health (for example, deafness)
- Blood diseases (for example, hemophilia, Factor X, prothrombin deficiency
- Heart and vascular conditions (for example, endocarditis, degenerative valve, heart murmur)
- Liver and pancreas disease
- Immune system diseases (for example, IMHA, ITP, etc.)
- Skin diseases
- Neurological disorders
- Reproductive diseases (both male and female—for example, pyometria or undescended testes)
- Bowel diseases (for example, mega colon)
- Cancer (all types)